It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Decorating your outdoor living space can seem like a big task, but using an artificial Christmas tree can make it much easier. Artificial Christmas trees act as great focal pieces for your décor, stand up to the elements, and make any space seem jolly and bright. Check out these easy tips on how to choose and decorate your tree.
Choosing a Tree
Just like the real thing, artificial trees come in all shapes and sizes. When choosing one for your outdoor living space, you should pay attention to the following things:
- Size—Knowing the tree’s size is crucial when planning your décor. Most trees will have their dimensions printed on the side of the box to help you pick one that’s not too big or too small.
- Material—Artificial trees are made from two materials: polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or polyethylene (PE). PVC trees usually have a more realistic look, and the branches and needles are often wired together. PE trees are often injection molded.
- Branch type—For the most part, artificial trees either have hinged or hook-in branches. Hinged trees are easier to set up since they have fewer parts.
Decorating Your Tree
Unlike the tree in your living room, outdoor Christmas trees need a little more consideration when you decorate them:
- Lights—While you can light your tree, you may also want to consider using a decorative garland instead. Garland stands up to the elements better and reduces the amount of cord clutter on your walkways.
- Ornaments—If you choose to put ornaments on your tree, we suggest using ones specifically made for the outdoors. These shatter-proof, weather-resistant decorations will stand up to the elements better. When you’re hanging them, remember to attach the ornaments in a way that the wind won’t blow them off.
- Natural elements—Step up your Christmas tree game by decorating your artificial tree with natural elements like pine cone ornaments, holly garlands, and other natural decorations. This juxtaposition of natural and artificial will help bring your tree to life and give your outdoor living space a calming, farmhouse-style Christmas vibe.
Bringing the festive holiday spirit into your outdoor living space is easy with the addition of an artificial Christmas tree. Their durability and modularity make them adaptable to almost any space. Used in conjunction with lighting and ornaments, you can easily turn your outdoor living space into a winter wonderland.